EUROPEAN HURLING & CAMOGIE CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS
30 SEPTEMBER 2016
09:00 - 18:00
Last update: 08.10.2016
Page will be updated regularly
Magdeburger Strasse 10
Google maps: Dresden Hurling
RESTAURANT (players & vips)
Wenzel Prager Bierstuben
Friday October 14th:
20:00 - 21:00 Welcome teams and officials at The Red Rooster Traditional pub
21:00 - 22:00 Guided walking tour around Altstadt, Dresden
Saturday October 15th:
08:30 - 10:30 Team registration
09:00 - 13:30 The group games
14:00 - 18:00 The final ranking games
Post Tournament Events:
19:30 - 21:15 Sit down 3 course dinner in Wenzel Prager Bierstuben
21:30 - 22:00 Prize giving in Club Standesamt
22:00 - 05:00: Party in Club Standesamt
Sunday October 16th:
10:00 - 17:00 Dual Foundation Coaching Course supported by the German Gaa Federation
European Hurling & Camogie Championships 2016:
The Championships run from April to October and is spread over 5 rounds in 5 European cities.
April 16 Luxembourg
May 7 Darmstadt
June 25 Brussels
Sept. 10 The Hague
Oct. 15 Dresden
2016 Hurling Championship Table
* if a team plays a non Irish born player for the first half a game in every tournament match, they shall be awarded an extra point per tournament, with a maximum of 2 points given if there are more then 1 non Irish born players.
** Where 2 clubs join to form a team...
If one club has 7+ players and the other club contributes between 4-6 players the points would be distributed as follows...
Large club = full points
Small club = 50% of the points had they played with a full team but finished last.
If one club has 4-6 players and the other club/ clubs have 3 or less...
Large club = half points
Small club/s = 0 points
If both clubs have 4-6 players each or 7+ players each, points are shared 50-50
*** If a club contributes 3 or less players to a team, that club receives 0 points.
15 European cities represented:
1 Special guest club from Dublin:
Info for Players & Teams:
- See our info pack here for more details. INFORMATION PACK
Info for Spectators:
Entrance is free!!!
- Food and drinks* will be available from 11.00 - 18.00 *BBQ + soft & alcoholic beverages
- Hurling is one of the fastest field games in the world. Please keep a good distance away from the side of the field. Only officials are allowed behind the goal areas.
- If you have any questions about the game or tournament, please ask volunteers in the black Red Rooster t-shirts.
- Lively Irish music will be played throughout the day and there will be an MC with loud speaker to help explain what's happening on the field
- There will be a 30 minute opertunity to get basic coaching on a side pitch.
- A hurling challenge (similar to egg & spoon race) for friends and foe will be on the pitch. 2 Competitors + 2 Hurleys + 4 sliotars + 8m circle = 1 prize for the winner
Entry for hurling challenge €1
- There will be medics and an ambulance at the tournament in case of the unexpected.
The Irish Ambasador to Germany:
The GAA President:
The Camogie Association President:
The Camogie Association CEO:
Mr. Aogán Ó Fearghaíl
Ms. Catherine Neary
Ms. Joan O'Flynn
speed, Skill & passion
Designed by & maintained by
Diarmuid Kelly - Dresden Hurling